Girls Varsity Track
Game Summaries & Headlines.
- Game Date
- Apr 24, 2018
We competed against Lincoln and Dexter in a double dual meet held at Ypsilanti Lincoln High School on a rainy, cool night. The Chelsea Girl's Track & Field team won against Lincoln (87 - 46), while we lost against Dexter (56 - 81). Chelsea was strong in the throws, jumps, hurdles, and distance events, which resulted in a solid performance against Lincoln. However, against Dexter, we were out-scored in 10 of the 17 events. Dexter is a strong, deep team. We came up short, but we competed hard. We had a number of strong performances and athletes doing their best.
- Jordan Holton placed 1st in shot and discus against Lincoln and Dexter. A main pointer earner on our team.
- Madison Burlett placed 3rd in shot and discus against Lincoln and Dexter. She continues to provide depth to our throws team.
- Allsion Hause 1st against Lincoln and 2nd Dexter in 1600m (a season PR of 5:34.34) & 1st place against Lincoln and Dexter in 3200m run (a PR by 45 seconds - 11:51.58). Inspiring performances!
- Sydney Matusik two 1st place finishes in the 400m dash and 1st and 2nd in 200m against Dexter and Lincoln, respectively. Also, she was a leg in two winning relays (4x800 & 4x400) against Lincoln and Dexter. These were good performances in the rain.
- Kaehla Manly scored 1st and 2nd against Lincoln and Dexter, respectively, in the 100m hurdles and 300m hurdles. She also placed 3rd in 100m dash which is right after the 100m hurdle, which difficult to do.
- Emily Chizek ran in the 800m, 1600m, and 3200m, which she scored points against Dexter and Lincoln. She is our most improved athlete from last year.