Boys Varsity Track
Game Summaries & Headlines.
- Game Date
- Apr 13, 2018
- BULLDOGS: 0
WHITMORE LAKE HIGH SCHOOL: 0
It was a long meet against some pretty darn good competition. We took home medals in roughly half of the events we competed in, and there were some very nice performances. The 4x1600 race was probably the highlight, as we took 4 of the top 6 places overall in a field of nearly 60 runners.
Other lifetime bests included:
- James Mida with his 136 foot discus throw.
- Mike Tarasow clearing 12' 0' in the pole vault
- Carson Rabbitt and Hunter White with best ever 400 splits in the 1600 relay.
Our 4x200 relay made a nice time drop, and generally, our sprint handoffs showed improvement from earlier in the week.
We have a tough dual meet tomorrow at Adrian, who beat us last year, and then THIS FRIDAY we host the Chelsea Invitational. The weather is supposed to be nice, and I hope that fans can come on down and see a great meet. The time schedule includes:
- Field events beginning at 2:30 PM
- Running Events beginning at 3:30
- The OPEN 3200 Run - for parents, siblings, and the general community. The race is a beautiful loop around the Pierce Lake School property, finishing on the track in front of hundreds of screaming fans. The race is free, and we hope to get a large crowd for this fun family event.
As we eventually move away from winter, I look forward to some nice running days and continued improvement