Chelsea High School
Mason High School
We took a limited squad up to this big, long meet.
Rather than running multiple events and trying to score across the board, we focused on running 1 or 2 events max per kid. Still, we finished 4th out of 16 teams.
- James Mida throwing a 10+ foot PR in the discus, and taking runner up honors with a heave of 147'4". This places him 6th all time on Chelsea's list for that event.
- Jensen Holm winning the 3200 in a scorching 9:25 time. He now ranks 4th all time Chelsea in that event, and is among the top few performers in the state right now.
- Tom Oates winning both the 1600 and the 800 in season best times, in spite of windy conditions.
- Big lifetime best performances, and regional qualifiers: Connor Gilbreath and Will Scott in the mile, and Matt Rosolowski and Liam Hartsuff in the 3200.
- Hunter White with a PR in the 100, and a 4th place finish in the 400.
We now turn our attention to our final home meet, this Tuesday. We host both Pinckney and Tecumseh with the SEC lead on the line - both teams come in undefeated, but we hope to spoil the show. I hope fans can come on down for a final chance to see spring's most exciting sport.